I specialize in leading the development of innovative and creative enterprise-scale UI/UX design systems for organizations. I have technical knowledge and experience of the entire design process: initial research and interviews; wireframes, vector composites; small-scale proof-of-concept prototypes; deployable production-level code.
A design managerial position directing and mentoring product designers to provide exceptional, customer-focused UI/UX systems and solutions.
- Impart day-to-day strategic design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between product design, engineering, content, business, and marketing value.
- Supervise and mentor a small team of product designers and engineers for providing UI/UX solutions.
- Understand both the big and small picture of technical solutions to make the strategies feasible, sound, and overall successful.
- Direct the efforts in creating a consistent, well thought-out, visual design system to promote the Simpson Strong-Tie Brand.
- Lead the design and development of Simpson Strong-Tie’s newest SPA, engineering, calculator reboot using our in-house design framework “Blueprint”.
- Was responsible for design and engineering deliverables such as process flows, application/UI designs, vector composites, and small-scale working prototypes through complete production-level coded products.
- Maintained consistency of design patterns, modules, colors, look and feel, UI interactions, etc., by enforcing a digital design style guide to be used and followed by all website products.
- Collaborated effectively with a multidisciplinary team to evaluate, propose, and finally execute great UI/UX solutions and products in the face of technical constraints.
- Worked within the technological and business implications of a task, technical debt, and being done over being perfect.
- Organized, designed, and built UI/UX modules, templates, pages, and systems to fulfill the needs of the company across its web product portfolio.
- Initiated and developed future projects and newer technologies which pushed the envelope of where our digital products needed to be in next one, two, and five years. These future projects would in turn influence or become the designs and solutions built into current projects after rounds of experimentation and prototypes.
- Led the front-end development for the design, framework, and functionality for the new CMS-based website.
- Developed engineering-based web applications: concept, UI, UX, coding, scripting, and graphics.
- Created landing pages, micro-sites, and forms.
- Prototyped UI/UX wireframes and mockup page designs.
- Conceptualized and implemented custom WordPress-based blog.
- Developed banner ads and collateral for the Alibaba.com home page.
- Prototyped and developed UI designs for rich, interactive site features.
- Developed custom WordPress blog themes.
- Conceptualized, researched, and authored monthly email/web technical articles.
- Designed email marketing campaigns.
- Performed the lead role in the design and production of in-house newspaper and magazine advertisements.
- Created advertisement mock-ups for new and existing clients in various industries.
- Developed guidelines, style guides, and style sheets for full-page advertisements.
- Trained, supervised, and provided art direction for junior designers.
- HTML, XML
- CSS: SCSS, SASS, LESS, Plain
- JS: Vanilla, React, JSON, jQuery
- .NET: MVC, ASP Webforms
- IDEs: Sublime, Atom, Coda, Visual Studio code
- Repositories/Versioning: Git, TFS, Bitbucket
- Mac Terminal